Sunday, December 6, 2009

Right Place at the Right Time




My new project/challenge: handmade silver cabochons. Rings, cuffs, earrings, studs, pendants...I can't wait to really focus on doing all of this!

I was able to go visit one of the galleries I am in yesterday. The town it is in was having their holiday kick off event and so there were lots of people around. When I got to the gallery I, by chance and good timing, met a lovely customer for whom I have done some custom work. It was so fun to meet her! It was fun to see someone wearing my jewelry (who I didn't give it to personally). And it was fun to brainstorm for a custom necklace for her.

One of my dreams as a jewelry artist is to one day run into a complete stranger somewhere random like the grocery store who is wearing my jewelry. I suppose this encounter doesn't really count because we were actually at the gallery. Well, hopefully that will happen someday!

In regards to my last entry in getting back on track. Well, I'm still working on it. I did play around with some ideas. I am really looking forward to a productive week in the studio to further develop those ideas. I am also looking forward to a lunch date I have this week with a good friend/customer whom I haven't seen for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Janell. How is your puppy doing?? I hope he is better.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing much better, thanks for asking : ) Just a really upset tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that ring! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete