Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Camping Highlights

Amos posing on a trail

We had a great time camping this past weekend. I am sorry to say my pictures don't go in order of event, but I've uploaded them...that's a big step for me!

Hiking Sunday--beautiful exposed root system

Hiking Sunday--I love mossy rocks!

Amos--'dog' tired after our nearly 5 mile hike Saturday

Me & Amos hiking Saturday

Mike & Amos on many of the creek crossings on our hike Saturday

Scenery from hike Saturday

Amos playing in the creek on our hike Saturday

He loved the water which surprised us since he's usually such a chicken about it

You have to drive across the creek to get to the camping area of the park

Home away from home

We had a huge & private site compared to all the others we saw

Our site--part II

LOVE campfires!

Again, we had a great time. We got to do a lot of hiking, cooking over the fire, and take in some beautiful scenery. Everything was damp, lush, and mossy which I love. The creek is spring fed and crystal clear. Amos loved running in and out of the creek, it was hilarious to watch him. He did very well for his first camping trip which made us very happy since we love to camp. It was interesting to camp while pregnant...between food aversions (still...grrrrr), constantly needing to go potty, and a (brand new) air bed that wouldn't stay inflated I was exhausted by the time we left. But it was still fun : ) And we have every intention on going again in just a few short weeks time.

Tonight I am constructing a list of daily goals to reach in the studio (i.e. 6/23--3 pairs of rustic pearl studs, one laguna agate ring, one set of stacking rings; 6/24--3 prs Rustic Victorian earrings, one Rustic Victorian pendant, one Rustic Victorian ring...and so on). My list is going to be both long and challenging. But I HAVE to start preparing for December and the arrival of our little one. So from here on out, every afternoon possible I am going to be nose-to-the-grind-stone working in the studio. I can't wait! Expect to see LOTS of new jewelry in the very near future.

Have a great night!

P.S. Did I mention that I got into another gallery in Bayfield, WI??? Well, I did! I am so excited and cannot wait to finally make the trip up there and deliver jewelry. Check it out Stones Throw Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment