Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shop Update Turned Shop Overhaul


A couple of days ago I decided to add some new work to my website. "Some" new work turned in to all new work. I didn't realize how many new designs I had! So my once hodge-podge etsy shop is finally starting to have a cohesive look. I have wanted that for my shop from the beginning but it always ended up being a dumping ground for gallery rejects or random new experiments. The 24th will be my year anniversary on etsy and I am now determined to fill 'er up with all new jewelry and an all new look.

I should have known it would take me this long to finally find a merchandising look I am happy with. I have almost gotten there a few times throughout the past year. I'd pull together new props and do a batch of new listings but then tire of the photos within a short period of time. That is how it always goes with me...jewelry design...home decor...wardrobe... It always takes me some time to find something I can really live with. So thanks for being patient with my ever changing "look". We'll see how long this one lasts. I hope I don't quickly tire of it's rustic simplicity.

I cannot believe another year has almost gone by. I remember last year right now pouring over FAQs on the etsy sellers page trying to learn and get the courage to open a shop. I am so glad I took the plunge and finally did it! I didn't know what to expect for sales or anything else. But I have had fun with the sales I have had and met a few wonderful etsians and been inspired beyond imagination. Here's to a new year (on etsy), a fresh look and a new effort. I hope this year brings twice as many learning experiences as the last.

Reflecting on my business in every other aspect over the past year makes me smile. To have my best year yet in these hard economic times really gives me hope for a good future for my little business. I hope and pray that I can keep my studio put for the time being (two major studio moves in the past year has played a toll on everything business related to be sure!). I love that it is right "there" and so easy to just pop in and start playing any time of the day or night. I hope I can continue to strengthen the relationships I have with some wonderful galleries/boutiques and maybe even find one or two more to entertain. I hope to continue having home parties and may even dabble in art fairs a little this next year. We'll see. I just want a year of stability, growth, and endless hours in my studio.

I am so excited for today. After I am done writing this novel I am going to list more jewelry. Then my sister is coming over and we're going to go hike around our favorite nature reserve. My other sister and her family are coming up from Chicago to stay for a few nights with us. Then me, my mom, three of my sisters (I have 6 sisters by the way, and one brother) and one of my sis' friends are all GOING TO SEE NEW MOON!!!!! I cannot believe I actually fought the urge to go see it yesterday. So, I better get going, there is jewelry to be listed, showers to take, hiking to do and movies to see. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment