Friday, January 8, 2010

The Importance of...

...good studio music.
The XX
(image courtesy of thelineofbestfit)


It is my opinion that there is nothing better than a day in the studio with good music. Some long time favorites have been Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos and Where Have All The Cowboys Gone by Paula Cole. When these songs came out I was in my early teens and I felt I had to like them in secret. At that time most of my peers were listening to Hanson, the Back Street Boys and other pop-crap. Admitting to liking Tori Amos would have been social suicide! But for some reason these two songs have always got me going. Now I proudly crank them up and get to work. I just can't help but give my self over to the rich, soulful voices and earthy sound.

The last several years I have found countless groups/artists to adore...Radiohead...Morcheeba...Iron & Wine... But I recently found a new favorite. The XX. I just got their debut album and it is A M A Z I N G. I can honestly say I love every second of it. It never disappoints. Another album I am loving is one my sister introduced me to, Florence + the Machine - Lungs (thanks Em!). This one is great from beginning to end as well. So, I am going to go rock out in the studio today...all day!
Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment