Saturday, March 28, 2009

My First "Crop"


I went to my very first "crop" tonight and had a really great time! I didn't know what to expect, especially since I don't scrapbook. I used to do some scrapbooking but I don't have the time to keep up with it anymore. I went because my friend has invited me several times to her monthly crop and I've never been able to attend. I worked on some mini thank-yous and designed one regular sized thank you. These are for my business, of course!

I didn't know anyone there except for my friend, but by the end of the evening I got to know each of the ladies a little bit; they were all so nice! There was as much talking as scrapbooking! I really enjoyed an evening with a bunch of women though. I never really get 'girl time'. I am definitely going to go again. It'd be nice to do every month...we'll see!

I finally got into the studio this afternoon. I had hoped to spend a majority of the day there but got caught up doing some business related work on the computer all morning. It always seems to go that way, a project that I plan an hour for usually turns into a three hour event! I did make a pair of turquoise studs and started several other experimental projects. I think I am going to start making more rings, and start using more cabachons in my designs.

Speaking of cabachons, I cannot wait for the gem show; it is one week from this upcoming Monday!!!!! It comes to town 2 times a year and I definitely excitedly anticipate it's arrival. I can't wait to see what I'll find this time around. I am going to be looking for some cabs and everything else on my list. I'd like some 6mm faceted round smoky quartz. I've been using a lot of smoky quartz lately, I just love it and want a larger variety to choose from. It's getting late! This is what happens to me if I'm not in bed until after 9pm. I have made a habbit of giving myself an hour or two to read or whatever relaxes me. I call it my "down time". I look forward to that time every night, but sometimes (like when you're "cropping" until 11pm) I don't get my time to relax and I end up staying up waaayyyy too late. Which is probably why I am babbling right now...

Good night

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time. It is nice to get together with friends and just have fun creating.

    ReplyDelete