Monday, July 6, 2009

Lots to Do

New work! I just made a batch of new jewelry for my etsy shop. I have yet to move my photo studio here with me so I cannot take any proper pics. I have tried to take some in the natural light but the colors always look washed out. I'll be picking it up from my old studio tomorrow and posting asap.

I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend! Mine was decent. Friday late in the afternoon I finally went to scope out some bead shops I've often heard about that are only about 20 minutes from where I live. I was pleasantly surprised with them! One of them was especially nice. I FINALLY found some waxed linen cord. It might sound crazy but I have been looking for it off and on for several months on several different jewelry supply sites. I have probably just over looked it, but I got some so it doesn't matter anymore. The one shop I liked had awesome prices as well. Besides the waxed linen I got several colors of silk cord, some matte turquoise seed beads, and an awesome natures paint brush stone that I used for a large pendant (I plan to keep it, so far anyway). I'm not exactly sure yet how I'll use the waxed linen or silk cord but I have lots of ideas in mind. So, be on the lookout for some new Karena Bella designs soon to come!

I used the turquoise seed beads to make a faux replica of a necklace I made for myself this Spring. I found a gorgeous strand of tiny hand-cut, verigated, natural turquoise beads at the last gem show and had to have them. They were really expensive though (over $50 retail!!!...however I got a deal). I found a hank of matte Czech turquoise seed beads that reminded me of the strand I got. So I am made a more affordable version of the necklace I made for myself. I receive lots of compliments on it so I thought others may want one. It is a super simple necklace that is great for layering. You can see a pic of it above.

Friday night my honey bun took me out on a little date! We had a fun time together. Saturday we slept in and lazed about until we went to his brother's 4th of July party. It was the eighth annual party and every year it gets better and better. This year was kind of quiet due to it being a weekend holiday. In spite of that (and the 1/2 hour down pour) it was a good time. That night we went to see the fire works with my dad, sister, and nephew (my mom was not feeling well so she didn't come). My nephew is one of those musical kids who always marches around to his own beat. He is obsessed with Yanni (yes, that's right...he's 4 years old and obsessed with Yanni). He was so excited about the fireworks that he was air drumming the beat of his favorite Yanni song while singing it at the top of his lungs! It was funny at first but after a 1/2 hour it got kind of old. Sunday we went to church and relaxed all afternoon. It was a great weekend!

We found out this morning that our friends sold their house!!! That means we need to finish packing up our stuff we left there and move it out into storage. I have so much going on this week already so the fact that I have to now move on top of it all stresses me out a little. However, I am extatic at the thought of getting it over and done with. Anyway, I've got to get going and figure out what to make for dinner. I'm thinkin' it will be simple!
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment