Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Organized Mess

I love it when my workspace looks like this! I call it an organized mess. I think I am one of those rare artists who likes their workspace to be tidy. I used to feel like there was something wrong with me because of that. Going through art school with tons of disorganized, free-spirited people whom most of which did not shower; and me being what I am - organized, well groomed and somewhat free-spirited - I always felt a little out of place. But now that I've found my niche I really like that I am organized and detail-oriented; makes the business hustle and bustle!

I am currently working on my Late Summer 2009 line for the galleries. Featuring large, organic abalone beads, faceted crystal quartz and teal and "dark raspberry" freshwater pearls. I'll post better pictures of everything once the line is done and ready to go. I have decided not to list my gallery lines on my website. I'll do things with my same signature styles but not in complete seasonal lines. I think this stems from not wanting to make so many copies of each item...that gets boring. I will post the pics on here though so you can see what's new each season.

Well there is a lot to look forward to for the rest of the week. Tonight my sweetie is taking me to see the new Harry Potter (yes, I am the kind of person who loves Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and the Twilight Saga... but that's as sci-fi as I get). I have tomorrow off of work. My sister is coming to stay a week with her boys. My two jewelry supply orders should arrive later this week. And I get to go to the Stockholm, WI Art Fair. I am so excited about that because I have always been out of town the weekend of it. It is a locally famous art fair - 60,000 people flock to this artsy-destination town that has a population of only 90 people! It is a gorgeous drive so the little town gets a lot of traffic all year round. That is where one of the galleries I am in is located. They do really well! Wouldn't it be great if I also got an email saying that my new computer is made and in the mail?!? That would definitely be the cherry on top of an excellant week!

I've got to get going and get ready for my super hot date!

1 comment: