Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Work

I don't know why these images turned out so dark...oh well. Here is my finished Late Summer line. There are things I really like about it and some parts that I could do without. But since I'm working under a deadline I don't have time to go back to the drawing board. I also have to remember that I'm not always going to absolutely love everything I make. And just because I don't love it doesn't mean that others won't. I think what bothers me is the teal/magenta combo. Those aren't "my colors"; but they go so perfectly with the abalone shell beads. However, I do like each of those colors on their own or mixed with greens. I really like the abalone/faceted crystal quartz combo, though. And the dark brown suede really adds a nice texture and warms everything up so much. Let me know if you have an opinion...I am always curious! I miss college art critiques, they were always so helpful.

I always seem to have a circle/suede necklace in my seasonal lines. I just love that look!

This earring style has become a Karena Bella Classic - I've done it it many sizes and with many colors of pearls and different pearl combinations. They sell very well.

I like how simple these ones are, they are go-with-everything earrings.

So, we saw Harry Potter last night and LOVED it!!! On the way home I was telling my husband the ways that the book and movie were different (although I felt that the movie followed the book pretty well). Then I started to tell him what happens in the 7th book. I recommended that he just read it because it is so good; he started it last night when we got home! I hope he gets into it. My jewelry orders didn't arrive today...bummer. I hope they come tomorrow. However today was a gallery pay day and I was pleasantly surprised! Maybe now I can order the 14K gold, 14gauge half bead wire that I've had my eye on. I have never worked in gold before and want to be able to say that I have and that I can if an opportunity arises in the future. I want to make two bands to go above and below my wedding band. My engagement ring has a floating tension setting and I get nervous that the diamond will just pop out...yikes! Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment