Saturday, July 18, 2009

Time to play...finally!

I have finally met all of my deadlines and took some time out to play today. My sister Meagan and I went to the Stockholm, WI art fair this morning. It was lots of fun! She found a few things but I didn't find anything I could not live without. I was hoping to find a cute scarf, but there weren't any!? So instead I came home and made a bunch of new jewelry. The bracelet above is citrine with a feminine floral clasp. Below are the earrings that match. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not, but for now I keep walking over to my workspace and staring at it. Citrine is a very entrancing stone.

I also made a set out of 'new' jade stones. I love these stones because of how they vary between shades of cool, opaque white to translucent, grassy green. They are truly stunning all together!

The necklace is very long. I am really into long necklaces right now.

Gosh, the picture doesn't do the stones any amount of justice. They are such juicy, richcolors in person.

I'm loving the earrings! Just a little bit rustic...my fave!

I can't wait to wear this new set to church tomorrow. I'm thinkin' it will be perfect with a kind of transparent, white, crinkly, tunic that I have and my dark denim jacket...hmmm, what skirt should I wear with that? I'll figure it out! Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment